Thursday, June 17, 2010

Finding out about Lucy's cancer

I just found out my sister Lucy has been diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. And you know what? I didn't know a damn thing about it. So needless to say, I was shocked, scared, and mostly confused.

I started doing my research, and it turns out there are a lot of things scientists are finding that lead to NHL, how to prevent it, and how to treat it.

Now I'm obsessed. I've spent the last week reading tons of survivor stories, as well as blogs from people living with the disease. So I've started this blog because I want more people to know about NHL and get involved. Let's talk about it here, discuss possible causes of the cancer and treatment procedures. I want to have an open discussion about all things non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, so let's talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment